Sunday, July 11, 2010

M.I.A.

I'd like to tell you that I've been Missing In Action because I was on some tropical island, drinking pina collada by a pool, but the truth is a little bit more mundane. There was work, which was hectic, as it always is this time of year. Then there was a uni exam (I'm doing some postgrad studies). Then, to top it all off, there was this massive cold and in my case everything settles in my sinuses so my head feels like it weighs a ton! And let's not forget unseasonally cold weather in Perth and the last few days unseasonally wild storms too!

So whilst I was not inspired to look at yet another computer after spending hours staring at the one at work, I did get my reading mojo back and I devoured 3 books in a week: Cecelia Ahern's The Book of Tomorrow, Juliet Marillier's The Dark Mirror and Elizabeth Kostova's The Historian.  Of the three my favourite is The Dark Mirror. Juliet's writing is mesmerising, and she is one of my favourite Australian fantasy writers. If you haven't guessed so far, I am a huge fan of speculative/fantasy fiction. My writing mojo is also back and I have a couple of blog posts almost ready to go, so watch this space.

I hope you all had a wonderfull weekend.
To those in Perth, brace yourselves for another night of crazy weather.

Majaxxx

4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to your upcoming posts - just saw tonight's weather report and looks like it's going be quite stormy again doesn't it? Hope you stay warm and cosy indoors :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You poor thing, we all had some horrible virus too, Perth is just crawling with them at the moment! It really has been strangley freezing... bizzare. I hope you have a safe night, as it's getting very stormy as I type...
    Glad you are feeling better, and regained your reading/writing mojo!
    Flick :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maja! Welcome back :) Have been wondering how you've been going. Hope you've survived the storm ok. Sounds like you've been extremely busy!! Looking forward to reading more posts from you soon!!

    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maja, hope you are having a lovely day! There is an award over at my blog for you when you get time!
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails