Saturday, October 16, 2010

Out of blogging hibernation

I can’t believe that it’s been this long since my last post. I guess it had to happen – I was simply doing too much and I thought that what was happening at the time wouldn’t be of huge interest to anyone. In short, here is what happened since:

August – my job changed which meant a bit more interstate travel. There were two trips to Adelaide and I’ll be travelling to Darwin in early November. August was also spent thinking about Bella’s 5th birthday party, what to do, where to do it, etc.
September – Bella’s birthday party was a lot of fun, with fairies and pirates running a muck. A big party hit were the edible fairly wands - grissini sticks, white chocolate and coloured sugar and 100s & 1000s (below are the pics of Bella & I making them). Just about every weekend in September was spent taking Bella to birthday parties! I can't believe how many of her friends were born in September. We were also making plans for the renovation of our “grotto” aka the living room, possibly the ugliest room in the house. I’ll do a separate post about that one. Whenever there wasn’t a birthday party to go to, I spent time in the garden as the weeds were slowly turning into a forest!






October – we finally attacked the grotto. We are back living like nomads in our own house, the kitchen/dining area now housing our sofa, TV, large bookcase, and the study once again becoming a dumping ground for everything else.


So there, just in an unlikely case that anyone wondered what’d happened.

Keep well.
Maja xx

1 comment:

  1. You have been busy! The fairy wands sound like they'd taste delicous.. I have been the same in that I hadnt posted for a while. My priorities needed to be put in order. I look forward to seeing the makeover on the living room. Take care
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails